- Size 14 Hook
- Tungsten Bead
- Natural Turkey Quills
- Golden Pheasant Feather
- Peacock Herl
- Red Uni Floss
- Brown UTC 70 Thread
- Brown Hen Soft Hackle
- Clear Cure Goo Hydro
- Before securing the hook to the vice set your bead on the hook.
- Begin wrapping the thread at the head of the hook behind the bead and wrap towards the bend of the hook.
- Tie in the golden pheasant feather at the bend of the hook to form the tail of the fly.
- Tie in the turkey quill and the peacock herl right in front of the tail of the fly.
- Begin wrapping the peacock herl towards the bead, stop just 1/4 of the way up the fly.
- Tie in your red uni floss, take several wraps with the floss to where it sits just below the fibers on the peacock herl. Tie off the floss once this done.
- Take the remaining part of your peacock herl and wrap this towards the remaining part of the fly and secure.
- Tie in the brown hen soft hackle, take several wraps, then tie off the soft hackle.
- Preen down the fibers on the soft hackle, then bring your turkey quills over the top of the fly. Secure the turkey quills behind the bead and snip off any excess.
- Whip finish.
- Apply a small amount of CCG to the turkey quills then hit with a UV light.
- Trim the hen soft hackle to desired length.